mi pelo




 I am still learning while progressing as an individual. 
before becoming Ava's mom, I was my dad´s daughter lol am still his daughter just a bit older😁. soon-to-be wife of Mr T💓, I have 5 siblings 😁.  my sisters are my close friends Besides them is hard to say the word "friends" since I honestly only consider one person as a friend👀💀 (L.R) 
 the rest are coworkers and colleagues. 

side note: I get along with people no need for enemies....

I remember between the ages of 11 and 12 my stepmother took my sisters and I  to the hair salon for the first time to get our hair done. As a result, she told the hairdresser to straighten our beautiful curly afro hair so we didn't have to suffer when styling. 

 I was born in the 80´s. growing up in Malabo back in those days were the best years ever.

 girls in Malabo at the time used to wear their natural hair with hair thread. thread was viral at the time, with long box braids,  some had their hair straightened with the creamy crack, cornrows, synthetic weave & wigs. some schools require some of their students to cut their hair. 

African parents believe that when a girl has a lot of hair she is more likely to get a lot of attention from boys. so hair was a distraction;  it must be cut very short so boys wouldn't look at you. 

I hated it my hair when It was straight. I used to wear weave all the time because It made me feel beautiful wearing long weaves

I am so happy yet grateful for natural hair products😊 I have low porosity hair, dry ends all the time, and I don't always retain products in my hair, I am still trying products while figuring out what works best for my hair.  my daughter (Ava)  doesn´t have to struggle she has (4 A ) natural hair. 




according to my family genetics😒
 we had white and mixed bisabuelos y  tatarabuelos 
which explains the hair mutation 😂 . 

(people believe Ava's father is either white or Indian) 💀

fact: If you were born in Malabo around the era that I mentioned believe me 4 A hair was only seen on mixed kids.  In America is called " good hair" here we say " pelo de mulata o bonito pelo " . 
some women in Malabo cannot believe we have coils, kinky hair, curly etc. They believe only African American females have nice hair based on what they see on magazines, TV, or social media.  😂 

I'm tired of writing .......



Comments

Popular Posts