poem by me

those feelings that could haunt you

Thoughts of Thoughts

if you ever do look back
or need someone to run to
please just call my name
let me be the one you come to
even though you hurt me
and broke the heart you made
i know that with a chance
i'd embrace you any day
some lessons can't be learned
and this is one of those
i knew what could happen
but this is what i chose
i guess its meant to be here
and make a difference in my life
but i'd rather die a thouseand deaths
by a thousand blazing knives
than see you walk away
the sunshine of my day
and watch a storm come in
my veil of tears so far from thin
the back of my mind is covered by a thick darkness
a stampede of memories my thoughts just can't harness
imagining you in anothers arms
does nothing but cause my heart so much harm
i can't believe that i believed you
with so many chances i had to decieve you
but i stayed true even if it was hard
i guess i just went a little too far
i'll never keep my eyes closed again
i don't know if i can even see you as a friend
don't forget i loved you
don't forget i tried
don't forget the day
when you and i both strived

Comments

Popular Posts